03 November 2007

I'm so torn...

So for the past 3 months I've been trying to extracate myself from my church just a little bit so that I can start going to another church part time. For the most part I just need to meet new people and have some fellowship with people that are where I'm at right now. And a little piece of me is pretty sure that I'm never going to meet a guy unless I go to a different church. I'll be honest, a BIG piece of me wants to meet that guy, soon! But as hard as I've tried to tone down the amount of involvement I have in our church, the more involved I seem to get. I find myself on the C&C leadership team, heavily involvedin youth, even more heavily involved in praise team, and now facing possibly being on a worship team committee. What I can't seem to figure out right now is if I just can't say no to stuff or if God is bringing this and trying to tell me to stay put. I'm so torn...it's hard cause I love our church, I love the preaching and the worship, I love the people I know, I love the youth...so torn. And it's tearing me up inside a bit to be honest, ugh, I feel like I can't hear God right now...

And this verse was the daily bible verse on my facebook profile, I think that it's beautiful, I don't even know if I've ever read it before, I know that God is good and cares about my details even when I feel like he doesn't. That's not His failure, it's definitely mine...but a beautiful reminder this is for me...

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion -- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor."
Isaiah 61:1-3

Love and prayers,

Ang

No comments: