29 June 2007

My blogs from facebook....

and it goes...
Current Mood: thoughtful
Listening to: the wind
It's hard to let go of things, but I need to remember who's hands they should be in. He does such a better job of things than I do. It's a good option, one I just need to take advantage of. It's a beautiful day, blue skies and sunshine, finally!

On a completely different note, I've heard rumors of trade talks with Ottawa for Wade Redden, that would make me a happy, happy oil girl! So would the Ducks losing Scott Niedermeyer to retirement, tee hee.
...written on June 23, 2007 5:21 pm


I hate our world sometimes...
The temptations that it presents to suck people into things that are detrimental to them, their relationships, and their futures suck, they suck big time! We are so able to justify or shrug off the choices that we make even when we blatantly know that they are wrong. And I feel handcuffed and heartbroken, so I do the only thing that I can do and trust that Jesus' words in John are as true and powerful today as they were when He spoke them, my prayer tonight then is this:

Jesus prayed this prayer to God shortly before He was arrested and crucified. He was praying for His disciples.
John 17:11-15 "I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name-the name you gave me-so that they may be one as we are one. While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled. I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one."

Please God protect and give wisdom, discernment, and strength to make the right choice in the face of seemingly overwhelming temptation...amen.
...written on June 21, 2007 6:27 am


My grandma
Current Mood: I'm good!
Listening to: The sounds coming in my window.
Well, short and sweet for now. My beautiful Grandma Grey came over for tea yesterday and floored me. We had a nice visit and as she was leaving she said to me "you know Angela, I pray for you everyday, that God would take care of you and give you strength, and show me how I can help you". Wow!!! I want to be that kind of a woman, praying for the people that I love and the ones I don't yet. I feel blessed to have such a grandma in my life and it was an incredible statement of love to me that she is praying for me. Hope that you're all well and able to enjoy the first sunny evening that we've had in a long time!
God bless,
Angela:)
...written on June 19, 2007 12:34 am


Just some things that speak to my heart, take what you will...
I'm not much of a journal writer, I'm also not a blogger. However I wonder if maybe the things in my life that I derive encouragement or challenge from may speak to other people too. So here we go, choose to read or not, take it how you will, this is just what speaks to me.

It's funny how just when life has finally slowed and become somewhat stable I feel less at peace than I ever have before. I find myself worrying about things, lying in bed at night awake, and searching, searching, searching. It's also funny how quickly I forget the One who I can bring all of these things to. I forget that there is One who won't let me down, who truly does care about my heart and wants the best for my life in every situation. I forget that source of comfort and peace. I also know that this relationship works best if it's not one-sided. So I resolve to spend time with Him daily, to be in a dynamic relationship.

It's amazing how quickly God reveals Himself in our lives if we let Him. The biggest source of encouragement that He has given me this week was on a random wander through a book by Joshua Harris called Boy Meets Girl. I haven't picked up this book for literally years and I grabbed it off the shelf tonight for some reason. I didn't open the book to the beginning, but to chapter 4 and out jumped Philippians 4:6-7:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".

I know this verse well, anyone who has gone to church has heard it a zillion times, but it was exactly what I didn't know that I needed to be reminded of at this time. Is it instant peace, heck no, but does it bring with it hope for peace, yes, and for now, that is enough.

God bless you and keep you!

Angela
...written on June 10, 2007 3:18 am

No comments: